(LETROZOL 2.5MG FILM TABLET)
- Letrozole, is an aromatase inhibitor which is used in the treatment of hormonally-responsive breast cancer after surgery. Letrozole is approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of local or metastatic breast cancer that is hormone receptor positive or has an unknown receptor status in postmenopausal women.
- Letrozole is contraindicated in women having a pre-menopausal hormonal status, during pregnancy and lactation.
- The most common side effects are sweating, hot flashes, arthralgia (joint pain), and fatigue.
- Generally, side effects include signs and symptoms of hypoestrogenism. There is concern that long term use may lead to osteoporosis, which is in certain patient populations such as post-menopausal women or osteoporotics, bisphosphonates may also be prescribed.
- For more prescribing information click here